"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, August 1

Dear Future Husband; (age sixteen)

   It's been somewhere between five and eight months since the last letter was written. I guess a little has changed since then.
   As much as I think about you, I often think of me. When I do though, I wonder if I'm the same as I am now.
   Am I still shy, and easily embarrassed? Is it still nearly impossible for me to keep a secret? Do I still have that crazy issue with not being able to stop laughing over the stupidest things?
   Do I still love to read? Am I still obsessed with Crush soda? Is my favorite color still purple? Do I still blog?
   Do I over think, and stress out? Am I still eager to move forward in life? Do I still dream about the family I should be starting fairly soon?
   Have I gotten rid of that southern accent people always point out? Do you laugh at me when I say "Why", many people do.
- I could go on, and on. I really think I'll be the same though, and I'm pretty happy with who I am for the most part.
   I may or may not have met you already, it's a mystery to me. At the moment, I'm dating this one boy who I could imagine being you though.  I'm telling you this, because I feel like it's important for you to know where I am in life right now (if that makes sense). 
   Before I go on, I would like to mention I know saying this could be a little awkward if you are someone differently, but truly it is not. As much as you know about me, you should defiantly know of this boy, for he is the infamous "first love." If it didn't work out, I know it was for the better, and it obviously lead to you anyways.
   His name is Brian, and as of right now, we've been dating for almost five months. He holds many of the qualities you have, and don't worry- he treats me very well.
   Our relationship moved rather fast I suppose, that causing ups and downs. The downs, have been rare, luckily.
   In more than one way, I feel he has saved me. I feel like I fit in with him, and I don't find that many other places.
  In my last letter, I had said "I dream of having a husband who will have grown up in the church, and who can introduce me to that lifestyle. " Well, Brian has helped with that, by just kind of being who he is. He didn't really have to say much, just be there, and be an example for me. Which I'm very thankful of. 
   Obviously, being a sixteen year old girl, I hope we'll last. We'll see, i guess.
I'll write again soon, okay? (:
I love you already, and I wish the best for you :)
-Your future wife, 
Jamie

No comments: