"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunday, August 1

Camp Nakanawa; Cabino dias.

I spent four weeks of my summer living in a hot, none air conditioned, cabin at Camp Nakanawa in Crossville, Tennessee. 
Above is my cabin, cabin 10.

We had the best cabin, hands down. We all hung out together, which most cabins don't do. (unless they were all previously good friends and requested to be in a cabin together-we did not)

This summer overall was one of the best. I actually enjoyed swimming, discovered a talent in riflery, and

became good friends with the nurse.

Mail call, was by far the highlight of my day. Sure, only four people wrote me, but it was lovely.  I even got male mail, which was wonderful. haha, everyone hears about it when someone gets male mail. Gotta love camp gossip. I may be exaggerating when I say everyone, but if someone had a boy come visit, everyone really did hear about it.

The food, well the food is camp food. Imagine it yourself. A few meals are delicious, though.

My "classes" included: aerobics, glee club (camp songs), running, archery, tennis, riflery, wall, swimming, soccer, and war canoe.

It was a ton of fun, and I haven't made my decision about going next summer, or going to spain.

Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have gone to Nakanawa for a couple summers now and soon will get my felt star. What team are you on? (Go Valks!!!!!!! but Amazon is good too)When you sing songs like taps and barges, do you take the harmony or sing the melody? Maybe I'll see you next summer in your blues and whites!