"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Saturday, July 31

Rainy Sunshine

   Today, I took my phone out of my pocket, and noticed it was turned off. This wasn't anything new, my phone turns off by itself all the time; it's a crappy phone.
   I turned my phone on, and noitced I  had a voice mail. At first, I forgot which password I used for my voice mail, because It's been quiet some time since I needed to use it. I failed three times, and it hung up. I called back, and finally got it right. The first voice mail was one I hadn't deleted I got about a month and a half ago. It was one of those accidental voice mails that no one realized was being recorded and it lasted as long as the voice mail would allow it. I listened to the entire thing, due to the fact I was bored. Then, there was another saved voice mail, and it was from Brian. Listening to him talk made me smile, I missed his voice.
   I resaved is, and moved on. It was to my new messages, and it informed me I had two. Before it played, it said the time, it was about thirty minutes before the current time.
  They were both from Brian. Ugh! I'm so mad at my phone. In the words of Brian himself "I really want to talk to you, it's been over a month-wow." That's how I feel.
I was so upset, and the rest of the day I kept my phone in my hand, checking every minute that it was still turned on.
I hope so much that he's able to call me tomorrow.
Please, please, please do.

As this all was happening, it was raining while the sunshine was out. I found this to be similar to my situation. Brian called, left me a voice mail, I had heard from him-Sunshine. My phone was off, so I didn't exactly get to talk to him-rain.

No comments: