"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, July 26

Sundays are grand.

   How come every day can't be as amazing as Sundays?
I woke up around seven, feeling the effects of staying awake until 1 a.m. It was the first night I had slept in my bed in four weeks, so I was still pretty content. Waking up was followed by a nice, long, warm, amazing shower. It was so much better than a four minute camp shower.
   I took my time getting ready, and then headed off to church.
For class, we had bible bowl practice. I had been hoping I wouldn't be behind after missing so much, and I ended up being ahead.
   Then, worship was just- amazing. I was so happy, I actually started tearing up. It was that kind of good, yet something that's hard to explain.
   Afterwards, I went to eat lunch, and then went home. I was sure to check the mail, because it is part of my daily routine. Now, I know it was Sunday, but there was still mail in the mail box from Saturday. Anyways, I got a letter from Brian, which obviously would have made my day alone. It was a short letter, but it was extra sweet. It made me feel very special and loved.
   I added some words to the letter that was in progress for Brian, and then took a nap. This nap lasted four hours, oh it was needed.
   After my nap, some less important things took place, less important because I do not recall what exactly happen. I know I played sims for a while- because I love living a somewhat virtual life, in hopes my real life will turn out that way.
 That night, it took me a while to fall asleep, because I was to busy thinking of how great the day was. I spent a few hours thinking about Brian, the future, the lord, and how they all intertwine.
How come every day can't be as amazing as Sundays?

No comments: