"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, July 26

Let's Start Off Right

It seems you have stumbled upon my blog. That's me above. My name is Jamie. I assume you'd like to know a little bit about me before you start stalking my blog- or at least read a post or two.
I'm barely sixteen, as of June 28th, and things have changed a little since the last time I truly obsessed over writing my life out for seven people to read.
I hear this is suppose to be "the best years of my life", so I suppose it's a good thing I'm finally getting a few things straight.
If it's at all relevant, I live in a small town in Tennessee. Apparently, I have this southern accent that you could very easily notice.

I'm a sophomore, and I play soccer for my high school. Well- I attempt to play, I tend to not do very well. Hopefully, I'll be a little better this year. 
 I guess you could say I'm a little different then most girls my age. I mean, for one, I have morals. That's something you don't always see. 
I like to read constantly, shoot guns, over analyze things, and carry around a notebook in which I write a little bit of everything. 
I suppose I have more in common with normal teenage girls than I would like though. I log onto Facebook at least seven times a day, my favorite TV show is Glee, I often have my phone in my hand, I have pointless arguments with my parents (That are blamed on me for "being a teenager" of course), oh and I happen to be in love with this boy.

Surely you're interested in knowing about the boy, aren't you? His name is Brian. Even though saying this is cliche, He's all I want and more. 
He's a wonderful christian, sweet, funny, attractive, and all mine. Perfect, right?
We've been together for almost five months now. At the moment, he is away though. He's in Georgia for  Basic training and AIT. He's in the army. Yeah, he's an army man, it's legit. 
He'll be back October 15th, and I can hardly wait. 
We write each other, and it makes me feel all girly inside. Writing letters seems to have something special to it. I think a lot of girls would love it. It's adorable.
Speaking of adorable- I have this adorable teddy bear, named Alejandro, that Brian gave me. I'm boarder line obsessed with him. 

Other random facts about me?
I like to run.
 Crush soda is my choice of drink.
Wednesday is my favorite day of the week.
I have a cute brother named Eli who is almost five. 
I have a sister, from another mister as some would say (and another mother for that matter), she's the coolest. 
I like to take pictures. A lot. Like so.
 I spent the majority of my summer at this amazing place called Nakanawa.  
 I shall tell you all about it soon. Sadly, I may not be returning though. Happily, it's because I'll be in Spain. What? Yeah, It's awesome. Maybe I'll talk about that soon, too. 

I think for now, you have the basics though.
Oh wait- my favorite color is purple.
-Now you have the basics.
Be a doll, and come back to read my post. Pretty please? Other wise, I'm just talking to myself and that makes me even weirder than I already am.
Feel free (or obliged- whatever you like best) to comment.

Love, 
jamie 

2 comments:

meg. said...

& i have the coolest little sister ever.
welcome back to the blogging world.

m e g h a n said...

wonderfully said.