"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, July 30

Dear Future Husband; (age fifteen)

   Sometime along this past year, I wrote a letter to my future husband. Yes, it's a little strange, but I found it neat. If you google it, you can often find a lot of cute letters people have posted. I decided I'd post mind, even though it's not the best. I've titled this Dear Future Husband; (age fifteen), and at the moment I am writing Dear Future Husband; (age sixteen). I guess I'll make it a tread to write once a year.
    Think about it, It would be cool reading this kind of things, if you were the receiver. If anyone decided to follow suit, comment me and let me know!
eh, enjoy?
**For the blogging record, this letter was written before I started dating Brian.
"It's a little weird writing you this letter, since I'm fifteen and possibly haven't met you yet. Something more weird is probably that I think of you almost every day. I'm not so sure that it is normal, but I don't really think I am, so I suppose it's okay. I often think of my future, and it often changes in my mind. One thing I'm always certain on is my many thoughts of you. Even now, you are so important to me. I think about how you effect almost every part of my life. You are my best friend, as I am yours. You are also my main source of happiness. I'm the girl who dreams of a husband and family. I believe if you have that love in your life, you can get by somehow.
   I think about the man you will be. I know you are far from perfect, but perfect for me. My main hope, is that you are a man of God. My family has never been the family that goes to church, and factors God's word in their everyday life, so I've never been raised that way. Oh, how I desire that though. I dream of having a husband who will have grown up in the church, and who can introduce me to that lifestyle. I've dreamed of one day raising my children this way.
   Yes, our children. I suspect we'll have two or three. I just know you are going to be a wonderful father, because if I didn't see that quality I wouldn't be marrying you. Oh, and I plan to be marry when I'm twenty three, I sure hope that isn't a problem with you. (I'm not going to impose on you asking, so If I'm older, this would be awkward :] I'm thinking it will have came up in conversation by now though).
   I should probably thank you for how great you've been to me, the respect I've gotten. Again, I know this is true because otherwise you wouldn't be in the position to receive this letter.
   I wonder how we meet, I wonder if I've met you yet. I think of the typical things I suppose. Will I know it's you when I see you? Will it take a few days? A month? A year?
   I sure hope you have a good last name, because honestly, I've wished for that so many times. I hope you don't make the Jew joke at me.
   This probably wasn't the greatest letter I guess, but I should get better at them I hope. You'll still love me I hope. This won't be the last letter I write, so please bare with me!
   I wait to feel the feeling of what it's like to love you, it will be stronger than any I've ever felt.
Your future wife,
Jamie


P.S. You can call me Wifey (:"

No comments: