"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Thursday, July 29

Daaaang, you're hot. No really- you must be like 108 degrees.

   There were two or three highlights of my day, one being I watched Eclipse: The Movie. If I must say so myself, there are some greatly attractive men in that movie. Everyone seemed to be a little more beautiful than the last movie.
   It's a little insane how so much can be going on with one girl. I'm pretty sure a real life Bella could not exist, even if werewolves and vampires existed.
   The change of being Bella is close to the chance of winning the lottery twice, being in three fatal crashes, and stealing someone's favorite pet bird and getting away with it. (or something to that equivalence) It just would not happen.

Well- All those statements were pretty irrelevant. To put an end to this little segment - I enjoyed the movie. I'll be awaiting the next movie to the saga which is released in November 2011.

   Before the movie, I stopped by the concession stand. I'm sure you all know how expensive movie theater concessions are, they are outrageous. Nachos cost $6.75, and if I buy the "Nacho combo" which comes with Nachos and a large drink, it's $11.55
   I'm very fond of Nachos, and of course you need a drink- so I decided on the nacho combo. I was waiting in line, and then a boy behind the counter calls out to me, and tells me he can help me at an empty register. I make my order, and when it comes to the price he smiles and says "Six dollars."  At first, I think he says sixteen dollars, so I ask "How much?" He replies again with "six dollars." So then I point out that I had nachos and a large drink, and he says "Yeah, I know. Six dollars for you." and smiles. Still being confused, I hand him a ten dollar bill and wait for my four dollars in change. It took me a minute to realize what had just happened as I was walking away.
   He had been giving me lots of smiles, unnecessarily touched my hand during all interactions, and giving me a "deal". He was flirting with me, and I hadn't even noticed until I replayed the situation in my head.
   As it was happening though, I know I had the most puzzling look on my face, because honestly I had no clue.
Smooth Jamie.
Oh well, I couldn't have cared less if he was flirting with me or not. The cheap nacho combo was the highlight.

 Which brings me to the last highlight. I received a letter from Brian today. It was a short letter, not really saying anything significant really, but I still enjoy hearing from him. I really and truly miss him, and there is like twelve weeks left. Is it just me, or does that sound like forever?
Right before I started on this post, I wrote him a letter to send out tomorrow morning. I spoke a lot of my thoughts, and I was really happy to get them out. I only wish I could actually talk to him though.
It's depressing to think even when he does come home, it's enviable he'll leave again. College, over seas, etc.
:(
Maybe I'll have a nice dream tonight with us talking. Let us all hope. 

No comments: