"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Wednesday, August 4

and so it begins

 Today was the first day of my sophomore year. High school students gathered into the new gym, where everyone said their hellos, and then were sent to there homeroom classes.
  There, we were given our schedules. Then- we went around to each class. I have:
1st semester-
Soccer- It's usually 4th block, but this year they made it first. Wonderful. Everyone loves getting sweaty before they really start their day. Rumor is, we'll get to use the showers that the football players use, because they got to keep 4th athletics and won't be around. I guess a pro to have soccer first is we won't have to go to homeroom first. School has always started at 7:30. Well, this year, it starts at 7:15, and that extra time is spent in homeroom. Anyone with 1st block athletics doesn't have to attend though.
Lifetime Wellness- The teacher in this class is Coach Hill. One of the worst. Yay. It seems there are some pretty good people in there though, so I'm excited for that. That will be convent when we start walking.
French 1- Everyone says this class is easy. I'm sure it will be better than Mrs. Stubblefield's spanish class. Our class is over run by sophomores, and usually the majority of students are freshman. Thanks to this lovely thing we have called Focus Areas (kind of like a Major for highschool). My focus area, and many others, is Humanities. Therefore, I have to take three extra classes that are either languages or histories.
Biology 1- We only have about 15 kids in this class, and apparently it's my biology teacher's smallest class. This year, our school got decided we needed more than one teacher for the subject, and I got the new teacher- Mrs. Webb. Hopefully, she'll be better than the other teacher, because usually everyone fails that class till the end.

2nd semester-
French 2
World History
Geometry
English 2
I did end up getting a lot of classes with friends which is good. Carson, probably the friend I talk to most, is in my first three classes. Until these past few weeks, we didn't really talk at all, but a year or two ago we were really good friends. Since we have so many classes together, hopefully we'll be good friends again. We already making plans to hang out. 
I also have classes with Lauren, Kayla, Deni, and Ashley. I talked to them a lot last year.
Another Ashley, is in my french class. In 6th grade, we were best friends. Then, the next few years we didn't have any classes together and stopped talking. Hopefully this helps rekindle the friendship, which would be cool.
There are various other people I am excited to hang out with, but they don't really have a back story. Just people I'd like to be friends with.
I would like to be friends with everyone, and not have any drama! I'm sure that won't happen though . . .
There was already drama today, and it was only two and a half hours of school. High school.

Our school also started this thing were your parents can get online and see your grades and missing assignments. They can also see if you are on the ICU list, and yes, that stands for Intensive Care Unit.
Yeah- we're a hospital now. 

I have last lunch, which is find with me. Last year I had last lunch 1st semester, and first lunch the 2nd semester. I enjoy last lunch, because after you finish eating you don't have to go back to the class you were just at.

Hopefully, this year will be the best yet. I say that every year, but I'm not real sure how that's worked out for me. So far, I think my favorite year was 8th grade.

Anyways . . Wish me luck. Our first full day is Friday.

5 comments:

m e g h a n said...

you only have four classes everyday? and you don't rotate like 'a day' classes and 'b day' classes? how unique.
why exactly do you have an ICU at your school/hospital for? ha ha. i like it!

Jamie said...

Like, if you are failing or missing assignments- you get put on the list.

Jamie said...

And we have each class for an hour and a half every day. Then 2nd semester we change. So we really have 8 classes each year.

m e g h a n said...

i like the icu list. that is really cool.
huh. that's different. i have eight classes every day.
but, the school megan goes to, they have 4 classes for like 90 minutes each, and the next day they have 4 different classes for 90 minutes each. So, they are more split up.
how do you get all of your credits? ha ha. doesn't matter. i am just really intrigued by how your school works!!

Jamie said...

You just said you take 8 classes, so do I. That's how I get my credits. First semester has four classes, as does second semester.
That's how I can take French 1 and French 2 all in one year.