"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, August 2

facebook stalking.

   Everyone does it. Either it's someone you love, someone you hate, someone you idealize, someone you heard gossip about, someone your curious about, or maybe someone you think is cute.   Today, I spent an hour facebook stalking teen moms/ teen moms to be.
It all started with this one 17 teen year old girl, or I don't know very well but use to hate me for no apparent reason. It turns out, she's been married for months, and she has a baby on the way. I kept going done her wall, reading the various status updates, and wall comments. I also looked at her pictures, and photo comments. She acts as if this is the best time of her life, and it just amazes me. Through comments, I found another girl her age who just recently had a baby.
I don't really understand my fascination with this, I guess it's the same reason people enjoy watching shows like 16 & Pregnant, and Teen Mom. Which I don't necessarily think should be on TV.

 Around prom, I stalked prom pictures of course, and I found one girl who was pregnant, going to prom, and taking pictures with her current child.
  I guess as I get older, I realize how big an issue teen pregnancy really is, because I'm actually knowing/ know of these girls, because they are my age. This last school year, I know of four or five girls who either didn't come back/ quit because of this issue, or became pregnant. I go to a rather small school too.
I guess I'm blogging about this, because it made me think, and I suppose this could get you to thinking. I've always said I wanted to have children young, but I'm talking after college young. With these girls, having children young is a whole different meaning.

2 comments:

m e g h a n said...

amen sister.
it breaks my heart to see such young girls become pregnant.

m e g h a n said...

amen sister.
it breaks my heart to see such young girls become pregnant.